These Are All the Standard Issue Weapons Given to US Marines
By Daniel Brown, Business Insider
The US Marine Corps started issuing the Glock 19M pistol to marines, which they call the M007, in May 2017.
"The M007 has a smaller frame and is easier to conceal, making it a natural selection to meet the Marine Corps' conceal carry weapon requirement," Gunnery Sgt. Brian Nelson said in a November 2017 Marines Corps Systems Command press release.
And since the Corps continually upgrades and adds new weapons to its arsenal, we reached out to the Marines Corps Systems Command, which is in charge of all acquisitions for the Corps, to find out which standard issue weapons it currently gives to Marines.
Check them out below:
1. Beretta M9 pistolA US Marine fires an M9 pistol. [US Marine Corps](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_M9#/media/File:US_Navy_050326-N-7526R-009_Marines_assigned_to_2nd_Fleet_Antiterrorism_Security_Team_(FAST%29_Company,_3rd_Platoon,_fire_their_9mm_pistols_at_targets_during_a_live_fire_small-arms_familiarization_exercise.jpg)
The Beretta M9 is a 9mm semi-automatic pistol.
2. Beretta M9A1 pistolA US Marine fires an M9A1 pistol. US Marine Corps
The M9A1 a little heavier than the M9, and has extra features, such as a sand-resistant magazine and a Picatinny MIL-STD-1913 rail under the barrel for accessories and more.
3. Colt M45A1 close quarters battle pistolA US Marine fires an M45A1. US Marine Corps
The [Colt M45A1](https://www.colt.com/api.php?action=specsheet&product_id=70395&title=M45A1%20Marine%20Pistol%20(45ACP%29) is .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol that the Corps started purchasing in 2012.
4. Glock 19M or M007 conceal carry weaponA US soldier fires a Glock 19. US Army
The Glock 19M, which the Corps named the M007 after James Bond, is a 9mm semi-automatic pistol that will slowly replace the M9.
5. M1014 joint service combat shotgunA US Marine fires an M1014. US Marine Corps
The M1014, or Benelli M4 Super 90, is a 12-Guage shotgun developed by Italian gun maker Benelli.
The Corps began fielding shotguns during World War I to breach and clear trenches, and began fielding the Benelli M4 in 1999.
6. M500A2 shotgunA US Marine fires an M500 shotgun. US Marine Corps
The Mossberg 500A2 is a 12-Gauge shotgun that usually comes with a five-round capacity tube.
7. M16A4 rifleA US Marine fires an M16A4. US Marine Corps
The M16A4 shoots 5.56x45 mm rounds and is basically an M16A2, but with a removablehandle and full-length quad picatinny rail.
8. M4 carbineA US Marine fires an M4 carbine rifle. US Marine Corps
The M4 shoots 5.56x45 mm rounds, and is a shortened version of the M16A2.
9. M4A1 carbineA US Marine fires an M4A1 carbine rifle. US Marine Corps
The M4A1 is an upgraded M4 with "full auto capability, a consistent trigger pull, and a slightly heavier barrel," according to Military.com.
10. M249 squad automatic weaponUS Marine Corps
The SAW shoots a 5.56mm round like the M4 and M16, but it's heavier and has a greater muzzle velocity and firing range.
11. M27 infantry automatic rifleUS Marine Corps
12. M38 designated marksman rifleUS Marine Corps
The M38 is a marksman upgrade to the M27 with a Leupold TS-30A2 Mark 4 2.5-8x36mm Mid-Range/Tactical Illuminated Reticle Scope.
13. M240 machine gunUS Marine Corps
The M240 fires 7.62s up to 2.31 miles away. There are multiple variants of the M240.
14. M240B machine gunUS Marine Corps
The M240B also shoots 7.62s, but is heavier than the M240 or M240C.
Read more about the difference in the variant specs here.
15. M110 semi-automatic sniper system.US Marine Corps
The M110 shoots a 7.62x51mm round with an effective firing range of more than 2,600 feet.
16. M40A6 sniper rifleUS Marine Corps
The M40A6 shoots a 7.62x51 mm round with an effective firing range of more than 2,625 feet.
17. Mk13 Mod 7 sniper rifleUS Marine Corps
The Corps announced in April that it would replace the M40 with the new Mk13 Mod 7, which shoots a .300 Winchester Magnum round with an effective firing range of more than 1,000 yards.
18. M107 special applications scoped rifleUS Marine Corps
The M107 Special Applications Scoped Rifle, or M107 long-range sniper rifle, shoots an incredibly large 12.7x99mm round with an equally incredibly large effective firing range of more than 6,500 feet.
In 2011, a marine actually had his M107 break down during a firefight, and he called customer support to fix it.
19. M2 machine gunUS Marines firing an M2. US Marine Corps
The M2 is a .50 caliber machine gun with an effective firing range of 22,310 feet. The Corps also provides an Up-Gunned Weapons Station that fixes the M2s to vehicles.
20. M2A1 quick change barrelUS Marines firing M2A1s. US Marine Corps
The M2A1 is a .50 caliber machine gun and an upgrade to the M2, featuring reduced muzzle flash and reduced time to change the barrel.
21. M203A2 grenade launcherUS Marine Corps
The M203 shoots 40mm grenades and can be fitted under the M4 and M16, but the US military is currently phasing it out for the M320.
22. M32A1 multiple grenade launcherUS Marine Corps
The M32A1 is six-round 40mm multiple grenade launcher with a maximum range of 2,625 feet with medium velocity grenades.
23. MK19 grenade machine gunUS Marine Corps
With a maximum range of 7,218 feet, the MK19 is a 40mm automatic grenade launcher and can mount on tripods and armored vehicles. The Corps issues two different versions: the Mod 3 and Mod 4.
More from Business Insider:
- Photos reportedly show Russian jets wrecked by mortar fire — and it could be the start of Russia's nightmare in Syria
- 9 of the most outrageous things Kim Jong Un has said
- Saudi Arabia is giving many of its citizens $3000 for free
- After mass protests, Iran bans English in schools to fight Western 'cultural invasion'
WARRIOR MAVEN's Premium Offer - Free for US Military - Offers Q&A with US Military Leaders - PREMIUM CLICK HERE