Washington, DC – Liberal pundits are spinning after President Donald Trump tweeted a video that depicted an illegal immigrant cop killer as the poster child of the Democratic party (video below).
On Halloween, one week ahead of the Nov. 6 congressional mid-term elections, President Trump released a tweet that featured cop-killer Luis Bracamontes and footage of the migrant caravan breaking down Mexican border walls.
“Illegal immigrant, Luis Bracamontes, killed our people!” the text over the ad exclaims as real news video showed the man responsible for the deaths of Sacramento police officers in 2014 bragging that he would kill more cops.
“They’re f--king dead, I don’t f--king regret that s--t. The only thing that I f--king regret is that I f--king killed two… I wish I f--king killed more of those mother--kers,” Bracamontes said from his seat in a courtroom in the video.
“I will break out soon and I will kill more,” he promised.
“Democrats let him stay,” said the text on the screen, as the ad switched to video footage of the migrant caravan breaking through the border at the Mexico-Guatemala border in recent weeks.
It included a FOX News interview with a member of the migrant caravan who admitted he’d been previously deported from the United States after a conviction for attempted murder.
He said he wanted to apply for a pardon to come back into the United States.
“Who else would Democrats let in?” the ad asked.
Democratic talking heads raced to label the video “racist.”
“I think it is one of the most racist ads we've seen in a long time,” Mo Elleithee, the executive director of Georgetown University’s Institute of Politics and Public Service, who worked as a campaign strategist for Hillary Clinton and was a spokesman for the Democratic National Committee, told ABC News.
“It is preying on people's fear of immigrants, and to the extent that anyone’s motivated by racism, that clearly taps into that,” Elleithee said.
He compared it to the 1988 Willie Horton ad created by Lee Atwater that supported then-Vice President George H.W. Bush’s bid for the White House.
It was considered one of the most controversial political ads of its time, according to ABC News.
Vice President Bush’s opponent was Massachusetts Governor Mike Dukakis, who had been a supporter of the weekend furlough program that allowed Horton to leave prison for the weekend.
The biggest difference between the ads is the fact that the Willie Horton ads were made and paid for by political action committees who supported the Vice President, not the man himself.
President Trump has taken full ownership of the newest pro-GOP video.
But even as liberals called the video blatantly racist and called on Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to ban it, conservatives were pointing out a double standard.
The video compared the President’s support for a border wall to Hussein and Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez.
Watch the President’s controversial video in its entirety below, then leave a comment and let us know if you think this is racist: