US Marshals Arrest Gunman From Thanksgiving Alabama Mall Shooting In Georgia

Holly Matkin

Erron Brown was arrested by the U.S. Marshals at a family member's home in Georgia on Thursday morning.

South Fulton, GA – U.S. Marshals have arrested the alleged gunman who shot an 18-year-old man in the abdomen at the Riverchase Galleria Mall in Alabama on Thanksgiving night.

Erron Brown, 20, was apprehended at a family member’s home at approximately 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, WAGA reported.

Brown been charged with attempted murder for allegedly shooting 18-year-old Brian Wilson at the mall on Nov. 22, where thousands of people had gathered to get a jump-start on their holiday shopping, according to The Birmingham News.

Wilson, who was at the shopping center with his friend, 21-year-old Emantic “EJ” Bradford, got into a physical altercation with Brown just before 10 p.m., police said.

It was unclear what led up to the physical altercation, which ended abruptly when Brown shot Wilson twice in the torso.

Hoover police officers were providing extra security at the mall, and immediately ran towards the sound of gunfire.

Bradford was fleeing the scene while "brandishing a handgun" when he was confronted by two of the uniformed Hoover police officers, The Birmingham News reported.

“One of our officers did engage that individual and shot him,” Hoover Police Chief Nick Dezris said. “He was dead on the scene.”

Brown managed to flee the area, and police initially believed Bradford was the one who shot Wilson.

The officer who shot Bradford has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the officer-involved shooting investigation, which is being handled by the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office.

Initially, Bradford was identified as the son of a Birmingham police officer, and a combat engineer in the U.S. Army, according to the Daily Mail.

However, it was later revealed that he had received a general discharge from the Army while he was still in training, and was never a soldier.

Twelve-year-old Molly Davis, who was standing nearby, was also hit by a bullet during the incident, but it is not yet clear who fired the round that injured her, The Birmingham News reported.

She underwent surgery, and has since been released from the hospital.

Wilson remained hospitalized in serious condition.

Brown was apprehended during a coordinated effort carried out by the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA), the Alabama Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force, and the U.S. Marshals southeast Regional Fugitive Task Force in Georgia, The Birmingham News reported.

He was transported to the South Fulton Police Precinct for questioning, and is being held on $125,000 bond.

“While charges are being brought against Mr. Brown, ALEA's investigation is not complete and remains ongoing and we will continue to review all evidence submitted to our officer related to this case,” Jefferson County District Attorney Danny Carr said in a statement, according to WBMA.

“We are confident ALEA is working to complete the investigation in a timely manner,” Carr continued. “However, in light of the fact that so many people were present in the mall that evening, witness interviews are still ongoing.”

Additional charges were expected as the investigation continued, The Birmingham News reported.

According to court records, Brown was also arrested on May 18, 2017 for a first-degree robbery offense in Madison County, but the charge was ultimately dismissed.

Comments (10)

Some people, and we all know who, will resort to pulling out a gun and shooting someone instead of fighting it out like men did years ago just using their hands. I guess that makes them feel tougher or something.

No. 1-4

It would be interesting to know if the dead guy with the gun and the one who got away were with each other when that happened.

Burgers Allday
Burgers Allday

Are they saying that the police may have shot the 12 year old too?

Roll tape.


one less lowlife POS thug off the street. Brown is down.