Nipsey Hussle Getaway Driver Was Turned Away When She Tried Going To Police

Sandy Malone

The woman who drove Nipsey Hussle's murderer said police turned her away when she tried to turn herself in.

Los Angeles, CA – Police are investigating why the woman driving the getaway car from rapper Nipsey Hussle's murder was turned away at the police station when she tried to turn herself in.

The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) confirmed that internal affairs is investigating the desk officer’s response to the woman at the 77th Street station, NBC News reported.

Los Angeles Police Captain Gisselle Espinoza said she could not release any information about the incident while the matter was under investigation.

Hussle, 33, was fatally shot in the head and torso on March 31 in a gang-related attack outside his clothing store in the Hyde Park area of Los Angeles, TMZ reported.

Two other men were wounded during the altercation.

His accused killer, 29-year-old Eric “S--tty Cuz” Holder, was arrested on April 2, according to Heavy.

Holder has pleaded not guilty to possession of a firearm by a felon, murder, and two counts of attempted murder, KGTV reported.

Grand jury testimony showed that after the shooting, the woman saw her car and license plate on the news a couple days later and became frantic.

Her mother called the police but was told the detectives wouldn’t be available until the next morning, NBC News reported.

So the next morning, the woman and her mother went to the police station to talk to detectives face to face.

But when they arrived at the station, the front desk person allegedly told them "don't worry about it" and "don't listen to the news,” NBC News reported.

So the driver and her mother returned home, but she returned later in the day after her mother called the station again and actually succeeded in reaching the right detectives.

LAPD Detective Cedric Washington testified that he had heard the same story about what happened when the driver attempted to do the right thing.

"That is true according to the desk officer that I spoke to about it," Det. Washington said.

LAPD Spokesman Josh Rubenstein said the internal investigation had not yet turned up any misconduct, NBC News reported.

"While the initial indications pointed to a miscommunication, we have initiated an administrative investigation to ensure all policies and procedures were followed," Rubenstein said in a written statement. "We will review all statements that have already been given, interview all of the individuals involved, and look for any potential body cam video that may have captured the interchange."

He said the woman didn’t make herself clear to the desk clerk, who believed she was complaining that a video of her car had appeared on the news, according to NBC News.

Once the matter was cleared up, the woman testified before the grand jury about her role in the murder.

She said she saw Hussle and Holder talking together about “snitching” in front of the rapper’s clothing store, NBC News reported.

Then she posed for a picture with the Grammy-nominated Hussle before she and Holder got back into her car and left.

She told the grand jury that she pulled out of the shopping center and into a gas station, NBC News reported.

That’s when Holder loaded his gun and told her he would be back, before getting out of the car and walking back toward the shopping center.

The woman testified that she heard two gunshots, and then Holder returned to the vehicle and told her to drive, NBC reported.

She said she didn’t find out that Hussle had been shot until she saw it on the news later that night.

But she didn’t turn herself in to police until Holder was identified as a suspect and her car appeared on the news, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Rubenstein said the woman has not been charged with any crimes, and some in the community are furious about that and have called for her to be arrested.

"Holder's female accomplice waited two days to turn herself in to police. That was two days too many,” community activist Najee Ali told the Los Angeles Times.

It’s unclear what the relationship was between Holder and the woman who drove him away from the scene.

Comments (10)

"Holder's female accomplice waited two days to turn herself in to police. That was two days too many,” community activist Najee Ali told the Los Angeles Times."

There we go with the community activist again. They're all over the place, from New York to California, out there making the world a safer place for the black man. I wonder if they're protected by a union yet?

No. 1-7

You know this all happened in July 2nd right? Over a week and a half ago...

Anyways, sounds like a misunderstanding by the desk officer. It's happens, and wasn't malicious. Once she spoke to the detective who had all the information, she was handled appropriately.

Let LAPD review to see what policies may have been broken; but other than, move along nothing to see here..


Well, this IS L.A. Ca. and I would imagine they have TONS of people "Turning themselves in" by the way that city has gone lately. After a while it's like the boy that cried WOLF too many just say. OK, and go back to work.


Non story. Sounds like there was a misunderstanding at the desk but it was cleared up.


I never comment on things I see in the paper- BUT- I worked that desk back in the day, and stuff and crazy people come in all the time plus you have to deal with all the other crap then this Detective has to pile in on the desk officer too? I am so glad I retired - BTW I was ALSO a Homicide Det supv at 77th and if some desk guy muffed some info I sure as hell wouldn't be telling anyone - except maybe the desk guy- but I would take his side FIRST before any of our clientele- but that's just me- sorry for the rant


No misconduct has been found. They don't seem very interested in solving his murder.


Ok I'll bite ..Who the hell is nippie hustle ??