Nationwide Manhunt For 3 Immigrants Accused Of Raping, Kidnapping Children
Bowling Green, OH – A nationwide manhunt is underway for three illegal immigrants who have been accused of raping two children, police said.
Bowling Green police officers were called to the Wood County Hospital just before 11 p.m. on June 28 for reports that a 13-year-old girl and a 14-year-old girl had been sexually assaulted, Deputy Chief Justin White said, according to The Blade.
The victims, who are sisters, told police that they were staying at a Days Inn motel in Bowling Green with their mother when four men held them against their will and sexually assaulted them.
Investigators subsequently learned that all four of the suspects had “fraudulent paperwork” indicating that they were immigrant workers, Deputy White said, according to KPTV.
On June 29, police apprehended 24-year-old Simon Juan Thomas in connection with the attack.
Thomas, who is from Guatemala, has been charged with misdemeanor unlawful sexual contact with a minor and was being held on $50,000 bond.
Nationwide warrants were issued for the remaining suspects, David Ramos Contreras, 27, Juan Garcia Rios Adiel, 19, and Arnulfo Ramos, Chief White said on Tuesday. Ramos’ age was not provided.
The arrest warrants listed the men’s charges as two counts of kidnapping and rape, The Blade reported.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents are also involved in the search for the three remaining suspects, KPTV reported.
Contreras, who is from Mexico, was last seen on Saturday at approximately 2 p.m. at a Walmart in Holland, Ohio.
Security footage showed that he was with two unidentified females at the time, The Blade reported.
Investigators believe the two females had given Contreras a ride in a light-colored vehicle, WXIN reported.
These suspects have been on the run for days and could be anywhere. Please share this on social media to get their faces out so they have nowhere to hide.